As the hype for Final Fantasy 16 continues to grow, it’s important to have all the latest information before deciding to purchase the game. With so many new features and gameplay changes being introduced, it can be overwhelming to keep up. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 new things you need to know about Final Fantasy 16 before making your decision to buy. Read on to stay ahead of the game and get ready for the next installment in this iconic RPG series.
Final Fantasy 16 is one of the most highly anticipated games of 2021, with fans eagerly awaiting its release. As the latest installment in the iconic Final Fantasy franchise, the game promises to deliver stunning graphics, engaging gameplay, and an immersive story. With new details on gameplay and features recently emerging, here are 10 new things you need to know before you make your purchase.
Traversal and Exploration
- Traversal in the game will mostly be done through fast travel or by foot and chocobos. As the game is not open world, the developers have created an enclosed world that is easy to navigate.
User Interface (UI)
- The UI of Final Fantasy 16 will have various changes from its predecessors. However, after testing, the original style was deemed the best fit for the game.
Gameplay and Combat
Final Fantasy 16 will have a combat system that has been inspired by Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Final Fantasy XV. Fans of these games will love this cross-over.
Players will engage in boss battles that are icon vs. icon, taking inspiration from God of War’s format. These battles promise to be epic and unforgettable.
The game will feature the same Mature Medieval Fantasy setting that Game of Thrones was known for. This setting sets up an immersive experience with larger-than-life characters.
The game will NOT be open world. However, there is still plenty of exploration to be done within this enclosed world.
Final Fantasy 16 promises to have a deeply immersive storyline with memorable characters and engaging plot points.
Though not an open world game, exploration will still play an essential role in the game’s narrative, and players will need to put effort into discovering the world’s secrets.
DLC and New Game Plus
Final Fantasy 16 will have a new game plus mode available, allowing players to replay the game with all the items and progress they have made.
The game’s DLC content is still unknown, but Square Enix has promised that it will be an integral part of the game experience.
Final Fantasy 16 looks to be an exciting step forward for the Final Fantasy franchise, with a fully fleshed-out world and engaging gameplay. Though not an open-world game, it delivers an immersive experience that pays homage to its predecessors and other games that have inspired Final Fantasy 16’s creative direction.
- When will Final Fantasy 16 be released?
- Square Enix has yet to announce the official release date for the game, but it is expected to be released sometime in 2021.
- Will Final Fantasy 16 be available on PC?
- While Final Fantasy 16 was originally only announced for PlayStation 5, it has been confirmed that it is also planned for a PC release.
- Will Final Fantasy 16 be available on Xbox?
- No announcement has been made regarding Final Fantasy 16’s availability on Xbox.
- Will the game have multiplayer modes?
- Square Enix has not announced any multiplayer modes for Final Fantasy 16 at present.
- Will Final Fantasy 16 be child-friendly?
- Final Fantasy 16 has been rated “M for Mature” by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and contains violence, blood and gore, and partial nudity, so parents should be cautious when allowing children to play.