The Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland event brings tidings of great joy
It’s ‘snow’ joke, the Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland event is here and features new modes, skins, and plenty of holiday cheer to go around!
Get your snowball-making skills ready because the Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland event is live and ready to make us all wish our wallets were frozen solid! The first Christmas event of Overwatch 2, Winter Wonderland brings a host of free, earnable items as well as some new surprises in the shop from here until the event’s end on Jan. 4, 2023.
Let’s take a look at the achievements, prizes, modes, and skins you’ll see in the event.
Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland achievements
Players have nine achievements to complete throughout Winter Wonderland, with five offering a skin, a charm, and sprays. Here’s the various:
- Season’s Greetings: Complete 6 Winter Wonderland Challenges – Rewards: Ice Queen Brigitte skin/Snowman Head weapon charm.
- Warmhearted: Thaw 15 allies in Freezethaw Elimination – Reward: Kiriko Ornament spray, 1500XP.
- Caught A Cold: Catch 6 snowballs in Snowball Deathmatch – Reward: Junker Queen Ornament spray, 1500XP.
- Abominable: Win a game in Yeti Hunter as a Yeti – Reward: Ramattra Ornament spray, 1500XP.
- Block of Ice: Block 8 snowballs with Cryo-Freeze or Ice Wall in Snowball Deathmatch or Mei’s Snowball Offensive – Reward: Sojourn Ornament spray, 1500XP.
- Unthawed: Win a game in Freezethaw Elimination – Reward: 1500XP.
- Snowstorm: Win a game in Snowball Deathmatch – Reward: 1500XP.
- Monster Hunter: Win a game in Yeti Hunter as a Mei – Reward: 1500XP.
- Time for Cocoa: Win a game in Mei’s Snowball Offensive – Reward: 1500XP.
Seems there’s a lot of mode talk this time around. Let’s peek into the presents and find out what’s going on.
Christmas time events
If you’re the type struggling to finish that Coin Line arcade mode weekly challenge then good news: Four new seasonal modes for the Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland event may ease that pain. This year’s offerings include Freezethaw Elimination, Snowball Deathmatch, Yeti Hunter, and Mei’s Snowball Offensive. As mentioned, achievements for the event involve each of these modes.
Stay cool this Winter Wonderland
The event runs through the new year so there’s plenty of time to get out and earn rewards! Be sure to watch the Shop each week as well for more winter-themed skins for Echo, Bastion, and more!
Keep (Over)watch on esports.gg for more Overwatch 2 news and notes throughout the season!