Even casual gamers like to use a gaming mouse because it has many extra features that make it better for gaming. A mouse is an investment that you will keep using for many years. Because of this, you should choose a mouse that fits your needs. This blog will talk about the most common ways to use the side buttons on a gaming mouse.
So, what do you call the buttons on the sides of a mouse? The buttons on the sides of a gaming mouse, used with your thumb, are called programmable side buttons or even macro buttons. The side buttons get their name because they can be programmed to do a specific task or assigned a macro.
You can use the side buttons on a mouse to move around your browser. Most mice let you change what these buttons do, but most people use them to go to the next or previous page. These are often used when reading or looking at a large webpage.
These buttons are especially helpful when scrolling through a long list of products on an e-commerce site. You can do anything with the side buttons, like play games or do general tasks.
- Switching Weapons
Casting spells that require a complex keyboard button clicks
With the software’s macro button configuration, you can change how you do any number of gaming tasks. You can replace multiple clicks on the keyboard with a single click on a mouse button with a macro.
General Functions of a Gaming Mouse’s Side Buttons
Here are the main things you can do with the side buttons on your mouse:
- Play or Pause Music
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- New Tab
- Open an app
- Switching Tab
- Play or Pause Music
- Print Screen
- Copy/Paste Task
- Right Click
- Left Click
- Use multiple key presses on a keyboard to run a macro operation.
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Gaming Mouse Side Buttons
When a gaming mouse has side buttons, they help the mouse and the gamer in the following ways:
Macro Assignment: You may attach a macro operation to the side buttons, allowing you to do a difficult job in the game with a single mouse click.
Easy task mapping: The side buttons on the mouse can be easily set to do a certain action in the game.
Faster Access to Normal Tasks: The side buttons on a gaming mouse can be used for more than just gaming. For example, they can be used to close a browser tab, switch between tabs, go back to the previous page in the browser, and more.
An advantage in Competitive Gaming: If you utilize a mouse with side buttons in a competitive gaming event, you will get an advantage by having quicker access to the mouse’s set shortcuts.
- When there are too many buttons, it can be hard to know what to do.
- For most people, side buttons can make it harder to use a mouse.
- Since this might not be easy for a beginner to use, it will take some time to get used to it.
Have you ever used side buttons in a game? Would you like the game if you went? If so, side buttons might be the best option for you. Most gaming mice have side buttons that can switch weapons or pick up things.
Some keyboards also have buttons on the side that let you change the volume or the mode. It’s important to get a gaming controller that fits your needs. There are many different kinds on the market, so it’s important to find the right one for the way you like to play.
Read Also: eFootball 2022 Review Simply Needs More Time
A typical gaming mouse has between 7 and 8 buttons: one on the left, one on the right, one in the middle, two on the left, and two on the right. But there might be a mouse with more buttons (a total of 17 buttons) on the sides, which would make the mouse have more buttons overall.
How to set up a gaming mouse?
There is software that comes with the gaming mouse that lets you set it up. For example, the G Hub software with the Logitech Gaming mouse lets you set up the side buttons. With the Gaming mouse software, you can choose how to use each mouse button for the task you want to do.
Here are some ways to set up a gaming mouse:
Install the software for the Gaming mouse: The Logitech G Hub is the hub for the Logitech G line of gaming mice. For the Razer mouse, it is called the Razer Synapse.
- Startup the programme
- Connect the Mouse to your PC or laptop.
- Once it’s been found and the hardware has been identified, it’s time to customise it.
- There is a way to tell the buttons on your Gaming mouse what to do.
- You can set your gaming mouse buttons to do things like pick up a weapon, duck, or more complicated things like sitting on a couch, hiding, and more.
- You can also set your side buttons to do basic things like move back and forth in your browser, close a tab, switch tabs, turn the volume up or down, switch music tracks, open a certain app, etc.
- When you’re done assigning actions to your gaming mouse, you can click Save to a Profile.
- You can also make more than one mapping set, save them under different user profiles, and then choose the one that works best for your needs.
The DPI/CPI buttons are also called the G Shift buttons on Logitech Gaming mice. You can quickly change the DPI on your gaming mouse with this button. It can also be used as a button to switch between High DPI/CPI and Low DPI/CPI.
Let’s wrap up this post about using the side buttons on a gaming mouse and a full guide. The side buttons are very useful on both a gaming mouse and a regular mouse. I use a Logitech M585, a Mouse with two side buttons on the left side. These buttons help me a lot in my day-to-day work. When you use the side buttons, you will be able to play games better. Also, even when you’re not playing games, it helps you do normal things.