Purrloin is a Tier 1 Raid Boss and is a small feline Pokémon. It has deep purple fur along with cream-colored patches on its muzzle, forehead, chest, back, and feet. Its eyes are green in color and have slit pupils and large angular punk eyelids. It has a triangular nose along with a long and skinny tail. It’s a very easy Pokémon to fight against and a trainer of any level can defeat it without breaking a sweat. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Purrloin in the easiest way possible.
Purrloin in Pokémon Go
Purrloin is a Dark type of Pokémon with a maximum CP of only 872. It is vulnerable to Fairy, Fighting, and Bug-type counters. Its low CP along with a wide range of choices for attacks against it makes it very weak and easy to fight against. Players should be able to finish this raid in no time and they should be able to do it effortlessly if they use the right set of counters.
The best moves from the moveset of Purrloin are Sucker Punch and Dark Pulse. Both of them have a combined DPS of 44 and are also the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Play Rough, Scratch, and Night Slash.
Best counters against Purrloin in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Purrloin and guarantee a win.
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Breloom: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Tapu Bulu: Rock Smash/Dazzling Gleam
- Granbull: Charm/Play Rough
- Machamp: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Buzzwole: Counter/Superpower
- Hitmonlee: Double Kick/Close Combat
- Pinsir: Bug Bite/Close Combat
- Gardevoir: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Vikavolt: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Sylveon: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Alakazam: Counter/Dazzling Gleam
- Hariyama: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Toxicroak: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Escavslier: Bug Bite/Megahorn
- Scolipede: Bug Bite/Megahorn
- Regigigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Florges: Fairy Wind/Moonblast
- Pangoro: Low Kick/Close Combat
- Gallade: Low Kick/Close Combat
- Xurkitree: Spark/Dazzling Gleam
- Meinshao: Low Kick/Brick Break
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Focus Blast
- Haxorus: Counter/Dragon Claw
- Scizor (Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Charizard (Mega Y): Wing Attack/Blast Burn
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Sludge Bomb
- Altarua (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Thunder
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Thunder
- Gengar (Mega): Hex/Sludge Wave
- Absolutely (Mega): Snarl/Megahorn
Even completely new players can win against Purrloin if they just use the right type of counters against its attacks and use any of the Pokémon mentioned above in their team. Good choices include the likes of Lucario and Breloom and high-damage-dealing Megas like Mewtwo.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Purrloin counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!