Mega Sceptile is a Mega Raid boss which has the body structure of a large, bipedal gecko that also possesses the traits of a dinosaur. It has powerful limbs along with muscular legs which allow it to run at high speeds. It’s mostly green in color and has a red stripe going across its belly. The Mega evolution has a large tree-like tail which makes it appear like a dragon. It’s a tough opponent to fight against and even seasoned players will require to go in groups of 3 or 4 against it. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Mega Sceptile in battle raids quickly and with less difficulty.
Mega Sceptile in Pokémon Go
Mega Sceptile is a dual-type Grass and Dragon-type Pokémon with a maximum CP of 45057 as a raid boss and is vulnerable to only Ice-type attacks. To make things a little easier, it has a 2x weakness towards Ice type counters. As there are not many options available to fight against it, this is a good addition to the game.
Mega Sceptile Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Mega Sceptile are Fury Cutter and Frenzy Plant. Both of them have a combined DPS of 53.7 and it is also the best combination of attacks in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Bullet Seed, Leaf Blade, and Dragon Claw among other good options.
Best counters against Mega Sceptile in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Mega Sceptile and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Mamoswine: Powder Snow/Avalanche
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Ice Beam
- Galceon: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Aurous: Frost Breath/Weather Ball
- Avalugg: Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Kyurem: Dragon Breath/Blizzard
- Walrein: Frost Breath/Icicle Spear
- Meloetta (Pirouette): Quick Attack/Ice Punch
- Articuno: Frost Breath/Ice Beam
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Palkia: Dragon Tail/Draco Meteor
- Cloyster: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Zekrom: Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Darmanitan (Galarian Standard): Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Beartic: Powder Snow/Ice Punch
- Garchomp: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Dialga: Dragon Breath/Draco Meteor
- Dragonite: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Nihilego: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Moltres: Wing Attack/Sky Attack
- Vanilluxe: Frost Breath/Blizzard
- Froslass: Powder Snow/Avalanche
- Salamence: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath/Draco Meteor
- Mr. Rime: Ice Shard/Ice Punch
- Latios: Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Lapras: Frost Breath/Ice Beam
- Regice: Frost Breath/Blizzard
Mega Pokémons never go out without a tough fight and Mega Sceptile is no exception. New players might fight it very difficult to defeat it and even for seasoned players, it’s going to be nowhere near easy. Both of those types of players should try heavy-hitting Pokémons in their team like Mamoswine, Mewtwo, and Dragonite amongst others.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Sceptile counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below