Overwatch 2 patch delayed, Mei still removed
The Overwatch 2 mid-season patch is delayed alongside the nerfs to Genji, Kiriko, Zarya and Sombra. Mei is also still removed from the game.
The Overwatch 2 mid-season patch is delayed alongside the nerfs to Genji, Kiriko, Zarya and Sombra. Mei is also still removed from the game. The balance adjustments were originally set to happen on November 15th, but they got delayed to fix a critical issue. Read on for details.
This includes the upcoming balance changes, bug fixes, including those that affect Mei, and core content updates we have planned for this patch.
Blizzard on the mid-season Overwatch 2 patch
Overwatch 2 patch delay
“Today’s patch is delayed as we work to resolve a critical issue,” Blizzard announced in a forum. “We’ll provide an update here and set the patch live as soon as the problem is addressed.”
The patch pertains to balance changes, core content updates and bug fixes. Blizzard’s post also noted the bug that’s affecting Mei.
Early this month, Mei was removed from Overwatch 2 since one of her abilities, Ice Wall, resulted in heroes reaching unintended locations.
Overwatch 2 hero nerfs
Also earlier this month, Blizzard provided details about the Overwatch 2 mid-season updates. The plan involved nerfs to Genji, Kiriko, Zarya and Sombra. D.Va will get some balance adjustments as well.
– Maximum ammo reduced from 30 to 24
– Shuriken damage reduced from 29 to 27
– Swift Step invulnerability duration reduced from 0.4 to 0.25 seconds
– Barrier duration reduced from 2.5 to 2 seconds
– Barrier cooldown increased from 10 to 11 seconds
– Hack ability lockout duration reduced from 1.75 to 1.5 seconds
– Hacked enemies are no longer valid targets for hacking for the duration of the effect
– Hacked damage multiplier reduced from 40 to 25%
– Fusion Cannon spread increased from 3.5 to 3.75
– Boosters impact damage reduced from 25 to 15
Overwatch 2 update release time
According to Blizzard, this Overwatch 2 patch delay has an effect on Overwatch League viewership incentives and perks from the post-season matches between October 30th and November 4th. This is in addition to the rotation of cosmetic items in the Overwatch League shop.
On the brighter side, however, daily and weekly challenges reset on November 15th alongside a refresh of the standard shop.
As for the Overwatch 2 mid-season patch release date, Blizzard said they plan for it to happen on November 17th at 11 a.m. PST.