|Kit to be used by MSSA’s U20 Team Esports South Africa that will travel to Malawi.|
Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) has announced the date of its National Team Trials to be 8 October 2022.
On 21 September 2022, MSSA reported that the Southern Africa Region Esports Championships 2022 (SAREC 2022) shall be held in Lilongwe, Malawi on December 3rd and 4th , 2022.
SAREC 2022 is a joint project of the GEF’s Africa Esports Development Federation (AEDF) and the African Union Sports Council (AUSC) Region 5 and it will be a demonstration showpiece alongside of the AUSC Region 5 Youth Games.
It should be noted that Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) during the COVID-19 period has made some important changes to National Team Trials (NTT) from which shall also be used for selecting the 2022/2023 National Protea Esports Squads.
The changes ensure the safety and well-being of its athletes.
- Player’s in the same team entered from the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- Players in the same team from different provinces may play from different provinces, and
- Players participating in individual titles (1v1) from the same club and who reside in the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- All venues must have a club member in attendance, and
- All clubs entering players shall have an accredited umpire at their venue from which their players are participating. Such umpire may not be a participant in the NTT.
MSSA shall select the highest placed team and/or individual based on:
- Confirmation to attend events (test matches and other matches), and,
- Clearance from stimulants.
To participate, a Registered Player shall:
- Be a fully paid up member of an affiliated club.
- Be under 20 years of age as at 31 December 2022.
The conditions for entry are as follows:
- Entry is R100.00 per Registered Player.
- Only fully-paid-up Registered Players may participate in this event.
- Entries for National Team Trials must be submitted by 7 October 2022.
- To enter, the club must complete the Google Drive document.
- The entry form may be found on Google Drive which is to be completed and submitted by the member club. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ERR6815uVjSMu4t5KkRxYqGJ_AA88kkz31qRgksASc/edit#gid=287696184
- Clubs are to download the entry form, completed the downloaded form, and e-mail it to Mind Sports South Africa.
- Players making themselves eligible for selection, shall submit copies of their valid Passports with their other documentation to the National Team Manager upon entry.
- Players shall submit a head-and-shoulders photograph of themselves for publication with all other required documentation.
- Players who have reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NHcMGH5G97JA-UbMejpH5AnYjZ4eRChV/edit
- Players who have not yet reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/10OcmITrUHuNx298zZUdDoVuWvstJFyHa/edit
The Documents required are as follows:
- Copy of South African Passport.
- Signed Senior or Junior Contract (Please note a parent or guardian will need to sign if the player is under 18 years of age).
- Copy of an Unabridged Birth Certificate for players under the age of 18
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
National team trials shall begin at 10H00 and end at 18H00. MSSA officials will be on duty all day to assist with any queries you might have.
For further information, please contact MSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org