Myst Mobile, the mobile version of the venerable puzzle game Myst, is slated to release on iOS devices on 9th February 2023, as announced by independent gaming studio Cyan. Just in time for the game’s 30th anniversary, a completely rebuilt version of the famous classic is being ported to the iPhone and iPad.
Myst Mobile brings the magic of the original game with the same experience in modern standards
Visit the alluring Myst Island, which is both lovely and enigmatic. As you gradually discover what transpired and how you fit among the parts of an intriguing, broader puzzle, you’ll journey through lovely, long-dormant locations known as “Ages.”
Discover the deeper connections at play, learn about a family’s tragedy, and make decisions that will have an impact on both you and this weird universe. Here are the key features of this game:
- Experience a classic in a new format: Discover the gorgeous, haunting, and fantastical story that has captivated millions for decades past — and, through your choices, make it your own.
- Full reimagination: This modern, definitive Myst experience is fully reimagined and optimized for M1 devices, and includes new art, sound, interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization. There are surprises waiting for you on Myst Island yet.
- Free entry to Myst Island: For the first time in Cyan’s history, the entirety of Myst Island is accessible for free to explore, without a time limit.
- Fit for mobile: Myst Mobile has a playable gamepad, touch controls, keyboard, and trackpad input from Smart and Magic Folio. The game is playable on all A12 bionic chip devices and above.
- Next-gen iOS optimization: Myst’s astonishing visuals on devices supercharged by M2 chips, such as the latest iPad Pro, will rival the visual fidelity of console graphics.
Furthermore, there will be an in-app purchase of $14.99/£12.99 required if you want to discover the Ages’ mysteries beyond Myst Island. For the launch, a unique introductory deal is planned as well.
Are you excited about the release of Myst Mobile which is releasing on February 9th for iOS devices? Let us know in the comment section below!