Infinity Ward’s Beta for Modern Warfare 2 just ended and man did the players enjoy it. In terms of Betas, this one has been the biggest for the franchise as the most amount players joined and clocked in massive numbers of hours of playtime. Now the free-to-play time has come to an end, and Activision and Infinity Ward are gearing up for the full and final release for the title, which scheduled for October 28, 2022.
Thank you for an incredible two weekends of the #ModernWarfare2 Beta! Now we begin the countdown to launch…
See you October 28th!https://t.co/94pdL2aPrX
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) September 27, 2022
Infinity Ward just released a blog post, outlining all the changes that will be made to the game for the final version. In the same blog post, the developers also thanked the players for joining the beta in the past two weeks and providing constructive feedback, finding bugs and issues and all in all helping the game grow. Check out all the changes that have been outlined for Modern Warfare 2 following the Beta below:
- First comes footstep audio, where the developers understood that players had a better experience with it in the second week of the Beta. They have taken the volume feedback into consideration and will continue to balance enemy/friendly footstep audio ahead of launch.
- This was another feature that gained a lot of attention during the Beta. They were able to improve it and received better remarks in the second week. They’ll continue tweaking it in order to provide better visibility and tracking to the players.
- This was an issue that was addressed by them during the Beta, the developers will be actively looking for potential solutions for launch.
- This is everybody’s favourite topic and undoubtedly the crux of the entire game. The developers are happy with all the weapon tuning changes they have made during the beta. They will provide more changes to weapon performance upon launch.
Third Person Playlist
- The developers have taken the feedback on the camera shoulder swapping into consideration and will continue to make refinements to the mode for launch.
- Thanks to the fans the developers were able to fix bugs in Ground War and Invasion, they have also made some improvements to the AI navigation for Invasion