Here are all the changes in the LOL patch 12.20.
This week’s patch is not the biggest one, and it doesn’t look like it will change the meta significantly. With the pro play still stuck on 12.18, there isn’t pressure from that side to move things around either, so most changes in 12.20 are focused on the solo queue data, maybe except Aatrox.
Aatrox nerfs are here, but are they enough?
After weeks of complaints from players in all elos, even his one-tricks, Aatrox is finally hit with the nerf hammer. But is it enough to stop his dominance in the top lane? 20% healing nerf is not that small, especially considering healing through fights is Aatrox’s identity. But I don’t think 20% is enough of a nerf considering how overpowered Aatrox is right now. He already had multiple build options, and with Sterak’s Gage buffed in this patch, maybe the bruiser Aatrox makes a comeback.
Talking about Sterak’s, this item was nearly absent from the game after the nerfs it received, but it is slowly coming back into the meta as some pro players have been opting for it in low-budget builds. Another underpowered item that got some love in this patch was Mortal Reminder. ADC mains have been complaining about the state of this item for far too long, and the extra AD on it should be more attractive now, especially if heal cut is needed.
Besides items, there are not too big champion changes in patch 12.20. Some underplayed champions like Elise, Ziggs and Evelynn got some buffs. But they aren’t so big as to make them suddenly S-tier picks. The biggest change of the patch is once again Blitzcrank, a couple of patches in a row now. Riot seems to be set on making Blitz jungle viable, if not popular. The changes aren’t too big to make him oppressive, but they are good enough that maybe you should give the robot in the jungle a try.
Zero-tolerance chat detection
Riot has talked about combating toxicity in the game before, and did have multiple new implementations to help with it. One of the most recent changes they decided to add to the game was a new text detection system that would automatically mute players when the system detected them using abusive language.
- “Zero-tolerance language will now be detected live and in-game. When detected, these messages will not be sent to other players, the offending player will be system muted, and all players will be notified.”
This system will first have a trial period in the higher elo games in the Solo/Duo Ranked Queue. If successful, it is expected to use this system in other queues and ranks as well.
They also added an option to see the names of players you’ve recently honored in the Add Friend and Friend Requests menus. Riot expects that this will help players with finding more friendly lobbies to play with.
When does LOL patch 12.20 go live?
Patch 12.20 will go live on October 19.
The first region that the patch will drop is the Oceania servers at 10 AM AEDT. The rest of the servers will follow suit in the morning hours of their respective regions. Here are the timings for most servers:
- 3 AM PT (NA)
- 5 AM GMT (EUW)
- 3 AM CET (EUNE)
- 8 AM KST (Korea)
LOL Patch 12.20 complete changes
- Q – Neurotoxin
- Cast Range: 625 ⇒ 575
- Range Detection: Edge of Elise to center of target’s hitbox ⇒ center of Elise to edge of target’s hitbox
- Q – Hate Spike
- Bonus Magic Damage to Marked Targets: 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% AP) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+25% AP)
- W – Allure
- Charm Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds
- Q – Snip Snip!
- Damage per Snip: 10/14/18/22/26 (+5% AP) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+5% AP)
- Final Snip Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% AP) ⇒ 60/85/110/135/160 (+35% AP)
- W – Lightning Field
- Mana Restoration: 6/8/10/12/14/16 ⇒ 10/12/14/16/18/20
- R – Transform Mercury Hammer
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 5/15/25/35 ⇒ 5/15/25/35 (+ 7.5% bonus AD)
- E – Lightning Rush
- [NEW] Shadow Shuriken Jutsu: After ending his E, Kennen’s bonus attack speed buff will now allow him to surpass the 2.5x attack speed limit
- W – Defensive Ball Curl
- Self Slow: 30% ⇒ 0% (Removed)
- R – Soaring Slam
- Dash Speed: 105% of Move Speed ⇒ 110% of Move Speed
- R – Cyclone
- Physical Damage per Cast: 8/12/16% of target’s maximum health (+ 220% AD) ⇒ 8/12/16% of target’s maximum health (+ 275% AD)
- Q – Bouncing Bomb
- Magic Damage: 85/135/185/235/285 (+ 65% AP) ⇒ 95/145/195/245/295 (+ 65% AP)
- Passive – Deathbringer Stance
- Heal: 100% of post-mitigation damage ⇒ 80% of post-mitigation damage
- Passive – Sap Magic
- Healing Based on Maximum Health: + 4.5% – 12% (based on level) maximum health ⇒ + 4% – 10% (based on level) maximum health (note: maximum health ratio will now be 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10% at levels 1, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17)
- R – Nature’s Grasp
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 ⇒ 120/110/100
- Base Stats
- Passive – Pit Grit
- Health Regeneration per 5% of Missing Health: 0.25/0.5/1/2 ⇒ 0.15/0.5/1/2
- Right Punch AD Ratio: 50% bonus AD ⇒ 55% bonus AD
E – Heroic Swing
Swing Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ infinite
Fixed some bugs that would cause Akshan to spin in place when using his E in certain locations. We’re still hammering out all of these locations, but this should be a noticeable improvement.
- Base Stats
- Base AD: 62 ⇒ 60
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
- Passive – Mana Barrier
- Shield Amount: 30% of maximum mana ⇒ 15-45% of maximum mana (levels 1-18)
- W – Overdrive
- Damage to Monsters: 60-180 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 60-220 (levels 1-18) (note: no longer scales linearly, scaling is as follows: 60/80/100/120/140/160/165/170/175/180/185/190/195/200/205/210/215/220)
- E – Power Fist
- Empowered Auto Attack Damage against Champions: 200% total AD (+ 25% AP) ⇒ 175% total AD (+ 25% AP)
- Damage to Non-Champions: unchanged
- [NEW] To the Moon: Blitzcrank now has a chance to uppercut monsters to the moon when overkilling them
- Health: 450 ⇒ 350
- Ability Power: 60 ⇒ 70
- Ranged Burn Damage per Tick: 1% maximum health ⇒ 0.8% maximum health
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2700
- Combine Cost: 600 ⇒ 800
- Armor: 80 ⇒ 90
- Rock Solid Damage Reduction: 7 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health) ⇒ 5 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health)
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2600
- Attack Damage: 25 ⇒ 35
- Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 20%
- The Claws that Catch bonus AD: 45% base AD ⇒ 50% base AD
- Lifeline Shield Amount: 75% Bonus Health decaying over 3.75 seconds ⇒ 80% Bonus Health decaying over 4.5 seconds
- Bonus Auto Attack Range: 50 for melee champions, 75 for ranged ⇒ 50 for melee and ranged champions
Mythic Shop Rotation
- Prestige Bewitching Miss Fortune
- Prestige Coven LeBlanc
- Mythic Chroma High Noon Senna
Leaving the Mythic Shop
- Prestige Battle Academia Leona
- Prestige PsyOps Ezreal