Canada is a country with a fast-growing economy and maximum living comfort. Almost all sectors of the economy show steady growth, the iGaming industry is no exception. Interactive gambling is attracting the attention of many gamblers from Canada. Some of the best online casinos are registered here.
The largest gaming community is registered in Canada. The research based on the SlotsSpot .com data shows that the Canadian gambling community consists of more than 20 million active players. If you look at the world statistics, Canada is in 8th place for online gambling. The main reasons for such development of the online gambling industry are loyal legislation to gambling. Nothing prevents a Canadian gambler from choosing one of the licensed online casinos and placing some bets.
In this article, we have gathered for you all the interesting facts about online gambling in Canada. You will learn what the gambling entertainment industry is today, how it is developing and what the future prospects are. We’ll also talk about how the legislation relates to this type of entertainment, who plays online casinos most often, and what the most popular games are among Canadian gamblers.
Canada’s online gambling industry—how it all works?
The iGaming industry in Canada is going through its best times. The total capitalization of the gambling sector is predicted to reach the value of $500 billion in 2023. The popularity of online casinos has increased significantly in the last 2 years. There is a logical explanation, the coronavirus pandemic has made adjustments to the land-based casinos. For many gamblers, the usual gambling entertainment became unavailable, so they began to be interested in online gambling. The pandemic situation is improving, but many players who have already experienced the benefits of online gaming platforms will not be able to abandon them.
The popularity of interactive gambling is also helped by the fact that it is completely legal in Canada. It is important to note that there is no Canadian regulatory body that can issue licences for online casinos. In order for a gaming platform to operate legally in the gaming market, it must be licensed by one of these regulatory bodies:
- Curaçao Licence.
- Malta Gaming Authority.
- Antigua and Barbuda licence.
- UK Gambling Authority.
- Licence from the Government of Gibraltar.
- Costa Rica gambling licence.
Gamblers from Canada trust online casinos with these licences and often use their services. The attendance of offshore online casinos by Canadian players has increased so much that gaming platforms have added the Canadian dollar to the list of supported currencies. Today, more than 200 foreign online casinos are ready to accept players from Canada and provide them with access to thousands of original gambling activities.
How online gambling develops in Canada?
The Kana wake Gambling Commission was established in 1996 and is based in Canada. Kana wake hosts most of the servers of foreign online casinos that provide access to gambling entertainment for Canadian gamblers. It was the established commission that began issuing licences to legally operate offshore online casinos in Canada.
The prospects of the Canadian gambling market have attracted the attention of many companies. Today, there is information that Kanawake has licensed more than 50 online casinos to operate legally, with the regulator taking control of more than 250 gambling sites. According to many experts, it is the regulator that contributes the most to the development of the iGaming industry in Canada.
Online gambling in Canada continues to grow, with all the prestigious gaming platforms trying to offer their services in the country. It should be noted that today, Canadian gamblers have access to the best online casinos and thousands of different types of entertainment.
Facts about online gambling in Canada
Canada is a country where gambling is considered an age-old tradition. The indigenous people of the country used sticks and dice to play a pastime called “Laval.” Since ancient times, the inhabitants of these lands have had a positive attitude toward gambling entertainment. Not surprisingly, it is the field of online gambling that is growing here at such an incredible rate.
“Working as a Canadian expert in the field of interactive online entertainment, I notice trends of its rapid development. Canadian players love spending time in online casinos, they get big winnings, and they’re not afraid to take risks. — Charles Moore.”
We’ve gathered all the facts about Canadian online gambling for you at SlotsSpot .com. Check them out to understand the phenomenon of this country’s gambling industry.
6. The Gambling Act
The surprising fact is that Canada, despite its love for gambling, has not created a national regulatory body in this field. Players cannot find any online casino with a Canadian licence, all gamblers use services of offshore gambling platforms. Moreover, in the legislation of Canada there is no criminal responsibility for distribution of gambling, its creation and advertising. Throughout the history, there was not a single case when someone was prosecuted for gambling on the Internet.
Another legal fact is that gamblers do not have to pay taxes on their winnings. No gambler has to pay additional taxes on the amount they received as a result of their winnings at an online casino. This proves that on a governmental level, the country is trying to make the gambling industry as comfortable and attractive as possible for gamblers.
5. Canadians treat online casino gaming as entertainment
The Canadian gambler has the right attitude towards gambling. While in other countries most players treat this industry as a source of passive income, in Canada it is simple and interesting entertainment. The Canadian player does not expect to get big winnings, he is willing to spend a certain amount and leave it at the online casino without a claim. The winnings that can still be obtained during the game are considered a nice addition here. This attitude creates a favorable environment not only for the gamblers, but also for the operation of the online casino.
It’s really important to remember that casinos are just a way to have fun, get a thrill, and let the heat out. The games are specially designed to be bright and colorful, some gambling establishments give nice bonuses upon registration, many online slots are made in the theme of your favorite games. All done so that when you play at a casino online, you escape from the monotony, feel a certain taste of the holiday. But even so, it’s important not to forget about safety.
“All gambling is monitored by the country’s regulatory agencies for honesty and safety. Users can rest assured that legitimate Canadian casinos use certified software directly from reliable developers, so these games can be played for real money without fear of fraud”, recommends one of the casino expert of such web portal, Robert Lewis.
To recharge the positive emotions is not so difficult. Enough to open your favorite casino website. Do not lose the moment!
4. Online gambling is a major employer
While players treat online gambling as entertainment, the online gambling industry itself creates many jobs. To date, the online casino and gaming industry as a whole has created more than 135,000 jobs with more than CAD 15 billion in capital. This shows that online gambling is positively affecting the well-being of the nation’s citizens and provoking economic development.
3. Equal Demographics
A study conducted by SlotsSpot .com shows equal demographics among gamblers. At online casinos in Canada, 57% of men and 43% of women bet. And it is women who are more likely to prefer online casinos, with more than 55% of them playing online. Men gambling betters are more likely to visit land-based gambling establishments. Nevertheless, every year more and more gamblers prefer online entertainment.
2. The most popular online gambling in Canada
Online casinos provide Canadian gamblers with a wide range of entertainment. Thousands of titles can be found in the catalog of gaming platforms, from popular slot machines, to poker, roulette, and lotteries. What is noteworthy is that the majority of Canadian gamblers prefer slot machines. A recent study by the SlotsSpot .com team found that a large percentage of players are willing to bet in slots for pennies. The minimum wager allows you to spin the reels for a long time and have more fun, while reducing the risks to a minimum value.
Despite the very large variety of gambling entertainment, players from Canada most often bet on these games:
- Slot machines are the most popular entertainment among Canadian gamblers. The main objective of the game is to spin the reels and collect several of the same symbols on the active paylines. Combinations bring certain multipliers to the gambler’s bet. Slot machines are created by the best developers, in online casinos occupy a large part of the gaming catalog. Players prefer them because of the bright graphics, simplicity of the gameplay and the ability to play with a minimum bet of 1 penny.
- Poker is one of the most famous card games on the planet. The main objective of the game is to collect the highest combination of cards dealt by the dealer. If the combination of the gambler is higher for the combination of the dealer or other players, he gets the winnings. Online casinos have made poker more accessible, now you don’t have to go to the gambling halls, you can have fun anywhere. Canadian players prefer poker because here everything depends not only on a fraction of chance, but also on skill.
- Roulette is one of the oldest gambling activities. It is a very simple game, you need to choose a bet and wait for the roulette wheel to stop. If the gambler manages to predict the result, he gets a big win. In Canada, American roulette is very popular, but also often gamblers make bets in European and French roulette. In this entertainment the winning depends on a fraction of chance, it is impossible to influence it.
- Blackjack is a well-known and popular card game that has attracted the attention of Canadian gamblers. The main objective is to collect 21 points from the cards dealt, or to beat the dealer by approaching this value. You cannot exceed 21 points, as it is considered a loss. The popularity of blackjack in online casinos in Canada is due to the fact that it has simple rules and the gameplay is very fast.
- Baccarat is another card game that is often run at Canadian online casinos. Using 2 or 3 cards, the player needs to collect 9 points, or close to that value. Because of its maximum simplicity and high odds of winning, baccarat is really popular in Canada.
1. Cities that have become famous for Casinos
Canada is home to many casinos that are known around the world for their scale. Canada’s loyal legislation on gambling has led to the fact that some cities are now associated with gambling establishments. In some regions, the economy of certain cities is completely dependent on casino activities. We have highlighted several cities that have gained notoriety because of gambling activities:
- Niagara Falls, the city of the world’s most famous waterfall. For gamblers, this city is known for the Falls view Casino, which attracts players from all over the world. In addition to a wide variety of entertainment, several restaurants, clubs, and a large stage for events, the casino also sells hotel rooms overlooking the falls.
- Isle of Notre Dame in Quebec City—made famous by the Casino de Montreal, which began operations in 1993. Inside, visitors will find 26 poker tables, 115 different table games and more than 3,000 slot machines.
- Windsor—The city has found fame thanks to the Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino entertainment complex. This casino has been voted the best in Canada 18 times in a row. Inside, the gambler expects more than 100 gaming tables and 2,200 slot machines. It also has a 400 room hotel, many restaurants, and clubs. Most of the visitors to the city are gamblers who have come to the casino.
- Edmonton—here is the oldest casino in the province of Alberta, River Cree Resort. It is thanks to it that the city has gained popularity and hosts hundreds of thousands of gamblers each year. The casino offers players more than 400 slot machines and tables. The environment here is very relaxing and lacks almost all the restrictions that others have.
For decades, the gambling industry in Canada has been growing and has not been hindered by the government. It continues, but land-based casinos are being replaced by online gaming platforms. The coronavirus pandemic has made a difference, with many gamblers sitting at home and beginning to explore the online gambling industry. Many have found undeniable advantages in it, so they will not give up online casino services in the future. Undoubtedly, it was this fact that gave another impetus to the development of interactive gambling on the Internet.
It is important to note that on the part of the legislation, there are no obstacles for the gaming industry to develop. That is why, in the near future, we can expect an increase in the number of gaming platforms and a more pleasant environment for online betting in Canada.