Free Fire has been correcting a lot of issues and adding new characters, game types, and firearms to keep the battle-royale interesting and balanced. To make the game more balanced and enjoyable, Garena has added new characters and tweaked a few weapons. The detailed patch notes for the Free Fire OB36 Update or the Booyah Date Update are available below.
Free Fire OB36 Update New Character: Tatsuya
Shirou‘s younger brother, Tatsuya, is just 16 years old. Soon after his father passed away, his mother became unwell, leaving the two of them orphans. The two brothers were however not very close. Tatsuya has always been a quiet, submissive child.
Like everything else, that also changed as a result of the family scandals. The youngster was becoming more and more alone, which made him withdrawn and irritated and encouraged the violent coexistence of neighborhood gangs. Tatsuya didn’t even show up for the funeral after their mother passed away.
A few months later, the brotherly connection between Shiro and Tatsuya crumbled and became bitter. That’s because Shiro went to pick up Tatsuya to take him home from the hospital after he nearly got expelled from school due to a brawl. The brothers got into a heated debate on both sides.
As per Tatsuya’s ability, she dashes forward at a rapid speed for 0.2/0.2/0.2/0.3/0.3/0.3 seconds. Sprint reload time: 175/160/150/140/130/120 seconds. It can be stacked for 2 consecutive uses, with a 5-second cooldown between uses.
Free Fire OB36 Update: Character Balance Changes and Updates
Dimitri is designed to improve teammates’ survivability skills while engaging in matches. The character now provides more health recovery for the team. You can probably argue that it carried the entire team even when it was taken down.
Creates a healing zone 3.5 meters in diameter. Inside, the user and allies recover 3 HP/s → 5 HP/s. When knocked down, users and allies can self-heal to get back up. Duration 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 seconds. Waiting time 85,80,75,70,65,60 seconds.
In this update, Garena has improved character accuracy and movement speed. When shooting while moving, movement speed increases by 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 % → 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30%, accuracy increases by 20, 23, 27, 32, 38 , 45% → 35, 38, 42, 47, 53, 60%.
In this update, Garena has increased durability of gel walls. There are many ways to counter a gel wall. But of course, Nairi will not allow his ice to be easily destroyed! Once deployed, Steel Gel recovers 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30% → 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50% of current durability every 1 second. Increased 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35% damage when using Assault Rifles on gel walls.
In this update, Garena has increased EP (Energy Points) on drop. As you all know, Garena has reworked Miguel‘s ability in the previous update. However, we noticed that the skill’s competitive advantage is still not enough for consecutive fights. So in this update, we’ve increased the skill user’s EP gain to balance things out. Also, you can earn 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 → 100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 EP when knocking down an opponent.
When the user is hit by the enemy within 80 → 100 meters, the attacker is marked for 6 seconds (marking visible to the user only). First damage on marked enemies has 50, 58, 67, 77, 88, 100% armor penetration bonus. Wait time: 25, 24, 22, 19, 15, 10 seconds.
New Map in Free Fire OB36 update
NeXTerra is now available in Ranked and Casual Squad Contra modes. After the launch of NeXTerra in Battle Royale mode, everyone was waiting for more gaming experiences on the new map. With NeXTerra’s new zones and unique map interactions, battles in Contra Squad mode will be much more challenging! Following are the available zones in this map:
- Deca Gallery
- Old City
- Little farm
In this update, the carousel and mobile platform on the second level of the Little Farm have been activated. It is now possible to have a more diverse gaming experience at Fazendinha. Be careful with the head! The carousel and mobile platform at Fazendinha have been activated.
New Throwable: Icebreaker Grenade
Gel Walls can be major obstacles on your path to victory. In this update, Garena is introducing the Icebreaker! Use it to destroy your opponents’ walls. After exploding, the grenade will create a circular field from the target, inflicting 150 damage to the Gel Walls within that field for 12 seconds. While the grenade is active, Walls of Gel within the corrosive area take double damage when attacked by weapons.
If you always get the feeling that you run out of ammo very quickly, it’s probably because you don’t have a cartridge in your gun. Attachments are essential for upgrading your weapons, so don’t spend all your credit on Ultimate Chips. In this update, there will be specific attachments for different weapons.
- Shotgun Stock : In addition to having the same accuracy upgrade as a level 3 stock, this accessory reduces reload speed by 0.2 second and weapon change speed by 0.1 second.
- Shotgun Butt : In addition to having the accuracy improvement equal to a level 3 grip, this accessory increases fire rate by 7% and aim speed by 10%.
- Sniper Rifle Stock : In addition to having the accuracy improvement equal to a level 3 stock, this accessory increases fire rate by 7% and aim speed by 10%.
New Weapon: Treatment Laser Weapon
If you want to be the teammate everyone appreciates, here’s your chance! In addition to the Treatment Rifle and Treatment Pistol, we created the Treatment Laser Gun that heals allies quickly at medium range.
- Heal per shot: 10.
- Fire rate: 0.12.
- Range: 20m.
Free Fire OB36 Update: Improvements and Optimizations
Weapon Upgrade System
Upgradeable weapons are now available in Contra Squad mode. To make Counter Squad even more interesting, Garena is bringing upgradeable weapons to 4v4 mode. There are now more weapon options for later rounds where you can buy a secondary weapon or invest all your CS Tokens to upgrade your primary weaponIt is now possible to use CS Tokens to upgrade weapons in the CS Shop. Available weapons:
- MP5-I / MP5-II / MP5-III
- FAMAS-I / FAMAS-II / FAMAS-III
- M60-I / M60-II / M60-III
- M4A1-I / M4A1-II / M4A1-III
- SCAR-I / SCAR-II / SCAR-III
Team Skill Combination View
Viewing skill information is crucial for a Contra Squad battle. That’s why we’ve made it possible to view skills in multiple locations so you can see which skills are equipped on allies. This information is now available in the lobby with your team, on the CS Battle Cards and on the leaderboard.
This means you and your team can communicate and strategize right from the lobby. Even if your team is made up of strangers, you can still adjust your battle tactics according to your allies’ abilities to increase your Booyah odds! The combination of ally skills will be available in the team lobby, on Battle Cards and on the leaderboard
Contra Squad winning streak
Have you had a winning streak and want everyone to know? Now, you can show off to your allies. It is possible to use a win streak animation when Booyahing. A win streak badge will be awarded for every 3 win streak. CS win streak animation when Booyahing. The winning streak will now be shown in several places:
- Team lobby
- Match result
- Score in game
Adjustment to the Turn Point Mechanism
You know when you’re just about to revive your allies at a point of return, but are discovered by opponents without any Wall of Gel to protect you? In this update, pillars within the return points will come into existence. They will show the progress of the return and serve as protection against attacks by opponents. Enjoy being remembered as a hero who revived three allies even though he had little health left!
- Return points will now have pillars that will glow to indicate the return progress.
- The location of the return points will be fixed rather than random.
- The amount of return points increased from 8 to 12 in Bermuda, Alpine, Kalahari and Purgatory .
- Return points are now shown immediately on the minimap at the start of matches.
Other Adjustments in Battle Royale Mode
- New Features: Icebreaker, Laser Treatment Gun, Rifle Grip, Shotgun Butt, and Shield Gun (New Earth only).
- Removed Features: Vest Thickener, SMG Nozzle, and Dual Cartridge.
- New Vending Machine items: Icebreaker , Rifle Grip, and Shield Gun (New Earth only).
- New reward in Resource Quests: Gel Gun .
Weapon Skins Expiration Progress
Earn permanent weapon skins
Players have all been through the sad moment of saying goodbye to a limited weapon skin. Now’s your chance to have your favorite weapon skin permanently! In the Expiration system, it is possible to accumulate Expiration progress for a weapon skin by collecting limited versions of it. When the progress reaches 100%, the skin will be obtained by your account permanently, even if it has expired. View the weapon skin list and Expiration progress in the Gallery. Battle for your favorite skin!
Game Experience Optimizations
Adjusted ranks and matchmaking. Garena is always working to improve the gameplay experience, including tighter match quests, win streak special effects, point protection, enhancing teamwork contribution, convenient display of information, and more intuitive in-game navigation.
Patent Protection Card
- Battle Royale and Contra Squad now have matching rank protection cards.
- The new patent protection card will be valid for a certain period of time and will be used automatically during ranked matches.
- The new patent protection card will be use restricted to the valid patent, season and availability.
- Old patent protection cards will be converted, in the same amount, into new cards.
- It is possible to collect patent protection cards upon reaching the designated patent.
Team Patent Restrictions
- Have you ever had a Bronze player on your team despite being in a Master game? This could be because an ally of yours had a Bronze player on their team when looking for a match. To avoid this kind of situation, we’ve added rank restrictions on teams that aren’t complete, so players who don’t meet acceptable standards won’t be able to play ranked matches with you.
- This restriction does not apply to teams that are complete when fetching matches. Of course, you can always play in casual mode with your friends!
Valuing Contribution to Teamwork
- In ranked BR and CS modes, lifting, healing, and reviving allies all count towards the final score.
- The score details will be shown on the match results page.
Team Bonus and Partnership Store
Points for those who love helping newbies and veterans alike. As of this update, rookies and returning players will receive a Team Bonus, and its privileges can be shared with allies. During the process, you can also earn Partnership Tokens, which can be exchanged for rare items in the Partnership Shop. Call your rookie and veteran friends to play now
- Team up with rookies and returning players to increase your Bond progress and earn more character shards.
- New store : Partnership Store. Spend your Partner Tokens on amazing rewards.
Weapon Balance Adjustments
In addition to the common weapon upgrades, we also adjusted the damage dealt by headshots. Have you ever been shot down without even finding where the opponent was attacking from? In this update, the chances of reacting in an ambush are increased by giving you time to place Walls of Gel and letting your allies protect you while you heal.
- MAG-7 : Mouthpiece gap closed. Maximum headshot damage distance: 7m → 5 meters.
- SPAS12 : Mouthpiece space closed. Maximum headshot damage distance: 8m → 5 meters. Minimum headshot damage distance: 13m → 12 meters.
- M1887 :Handle and stock spaces available. Maximum headshot damage distance: 7m → 5 meters.
- M1014 : Maximum headshot damage distance: 5m → 4 meters.
Adjustment on submachine guns (except VSS)
- Maximum headshot damage distance: 12m → 8m.
- Maximum headshot damage distance: 30m → 25m.
Assault rifle balance adjustments
- Maximum headshot damage distance: 35m.
- Minimum headshot damage distance: 60m.
- Minimal headshot damage factor 5.5 → 4.
Adjustments to the following weapons
- PLASMA : Fire rate: +12%
- PARAFAL : Fire rate: +10%
- FAMAS-II / FAMAS-III : Armor Penetration: +5%
- VSS-II / VSS-III : Fire rate: -5%
- M24 : Damage: +10%
- Anti-Matter Launcher : Damage to Gel Walls 100 → 640.
- Gel Gun : It is now a reloadable weapon.
- SCAR : It is now an upgradeable weapon.
SCAR → SCAR-I: Increased damage dealt and rate of fire.
SCAR-I → SCAR-II: Increased damage dealt and rate of fire.
SCAR-II → SCAR-III: Increased damage dealt and accuracy.
Adjustments to the following armatures
- Helmet Lvl. 2 : 2% increase in damage reduction.
- Helmet Lvl. 3 : 1% increase in damage reduction.
New Default HUD in Free Fire OB36 Update
Based on player feedback, Garena has added a new set of HUDs, containing buttons for throwables, Gel Walls, quick messages, and markers on the side of the screen. Commonly used function buttons are bigger for easier control during matches! New HUD available in custom HUD interface.
The former Rolê is now an independent Rolê Island. The new Training Island will now only be used for training. The former Rolê is now an independent territory, called Ilha do Rolê, which can be found on the mode selection page. Garena has built a soccer field on Ilha do Rolê, where you can show off your sports skills as soon as the field opens! Players can enter Ilha do Rolê from the bottom of the mode selection page.
- When collected, armor accessories will automatically be replaced with higher-level versions.
- A downed player can choose to stand or duck after being lifted.
- In Battle Royale mode, players can choose to donate life upon being knocked down.
- Quick messages can be used while watching.
- After being knocked down, you can see your kill data and opponents’ damage stats.
- Added audio balance function, which can be used to adjust the volume of voice messages and sound effects without affecting the overall game volume.
- Quest progress on the match results page now includes veteran quests.
- New popup window when leveling up.
- New daily check-in page.
- Adjust the position of the replay function button for better visual distribution.
- Adjustment of auto-download content in Download Center . Older resources will no longer be automatically downloaded.
- Immediate response to complaints when reporting a player .
What are your thoughts on Free Fire OB36 Booyah Day Update? Let us know in the comment section below!