Chapter 4 of Fortnite is now available bringing a brand-new Battle Pass with Geralt of Rivia and Doom Slayer, a brand-new Island to explore, new ways to navigate around, newly-forged weapons, and more. Chapter 4 follows right after Fracture, the Chapter 3 Finale.
Explore a new island and exciting augmented abilities in Fortnite Chapter 4
A new Island has developed following the events of Chapter 3’s Finale. The Citadel, a soaring castle, is one of the new destinations. Another one is Brutal Bastion, a fortress hidden in the cold mountains.
Players will be offered a randomized choice of one of two Reality Augments at certain points during the game to alter how they play. They will accumulate more Reality Augments the longer they play in the match. The match’s conclusion is when Reality Augments expire. Reality augmentation include:
- Light Fingers: Makes weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- Aerialist: Grants Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
- Mechanical Archer: Gives a Mechanical Explosive Blow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- Supercharged: Vehicles won’t consume fuel and they’ll have increased Health.
- Soaring Sprints: While sprinting jump much higher and jump with lower gravity.
The new chapter brings an all-new Battle Pass
Players will instantly be able to use the celestial-related Selene after purchasing the Season’s Battle Pass. Doom Slayer, The Ageless, and other items can be unlocked by progressing through the Battle Pass. Players will be able to hire monster hunter Geralt of Rivia later on in the season. The new battle pass will feature the following new outfits:
- On the midnight grind, Massai
- In your ultra nightmares, Doom Slayer
- Bruteball MVP, Dusty
- With sight beyond, Nezumi
- Part of The High Stakes Club with Joni the Red, Helsie
- Ruling an Empire, The Ageless
- Monster hunter for hire, Geralt of Rivia
Fortnite Chapter 4 brings a new slate of weapons
Enter the Island with a brand-new set of weaponry. There will be some returning ones, but here is a list of what’s new:
- Ex-Caliber Rifle: This powerful, semi-automatic rifle fires a ballistic blade at enemies that detonates mere moments later.
- Thunder Shotgun: A pump-action shotgun that deals high damage and shoots two rounds at a time. This shotgun tears through skirmishes and shotgun shells.
- Maven Auto Shotgun: An automatic, fast-firing shotgun with moderate damage and range.
- Red-Eye Assault Rifle: An automatic assault rifle with a custom red dot sight for improved accuracy. Made for a focused wielder, this assault rifle has a controlled fire rate.
- Twin Mag SMG: Two are better than one: this automatic, fast-firing SMG has a double-sided magazine for an extra fast reload.
- Tactical Pistol: This automatic, powerful sidearm can lay down serious firepower from its small frame.
Experience next-gen Fortnite with Unreal Engine 5.1
Through the adoption of Unreal Engine 5.1, Fortnite Battle Royale now utilizes several of Unreal Engine 5’s most recent capabilities, including Nanite, Lumen, Virtual Shadow Maps, and Temporal Super Resolution.
Nanite provides highly-detailed architectural geometry. Specifically, buildings are rendered from millions of polygons in real-time, and each brick, stone, wood plank, and wall trim is modeled. Natural landscapes are highly-detailed too. Individual trees have around 300,000 polygons, and each stone, flower, and blade of grass is modeled.
Lumen reflections provide high-quality ray-traced reflections on glossy materials and water. Also, Lumen provides real-time global illumination at 60 FPS. Players will see beautiful interior spaces with bounce lighting, plus characters reacting to the lighting of their surroundings. (For example, red rugs may bounce red light onto your Outfit.) Also, Outfits that have emissive (a.k.a. glowing) qualities will scatter light on nearby objects and surfaces.
Virtual Shadow Maps
Virtual Shadow Maps allow for highly detailed shadowing. Each brick, leaf, and modeled detail will cast a shadow, and character self-shadowing is extremely accurate. This means that things like hats and other small details on characters will also cast shadows.
Temporal Super Resolution (TSR)
Temporal Super Resolution is an upgrade over Temporal Anti-Aliasing in Fortnite and allows for high-quality visuals at a high framerate.