Destiny 2’s Season 18 is approaching faster than ever and players have been wondering about all the new content this season is going to bring. Recently we spoke about which raid could be unvaulted in Destiny 2 Season 18, and the most likely one is Wrath of the Machine. Now, players are curious about the new changes that are being brought to Iron Banner in the next season.
Through the ‘This Week at Bungie‘ blog post, players have got an idea about what could be new for Iron Banner in Destiny 2 Season 18. Principal Designer, Alan Blaine, himself has provided the players with detailed information about the changes coming to Iron Banner in the upcoming season. He also provides more details about the Crucible Realms in the blog post.
The first detail that he provides is that, Bungie is adding the ability to gild the Iron Lord Seal with the next batch of matches in Valus Forge’s honor. Rift will also not be a part of Iron Banner in the next season. They have also taken the fans’ request to bring Clash to Iron Banner to provide the twist that this game mode needs and from that, Eruption was born.
What is Eruption?
Eruption is Clash with energy boosts based on kill streaks. It was affectionately called Streak Mayhem internally before we gave it a real name. During Eruption, killing your opponents scores one point and a normal amount of energy. After that, when you get your second elimination in a row without dying (assists count too!), you become “Surging.”
- The player will start lightly glowing.
- Kills start generating 10% Super energy and 20% grenade, melee, and class energy.
- Players score 3 points per kill.
- When the players get their fifth kill without dying, then they become “Primed.”
- Then the player will begin glowing brightly!
- And their team goes on the Hunt.
- Everyone on the team gains 5%Super and 10% grenade, melee, and class energy.
- The player will now gain 12% Super and 5% grenade, melee, and class energy per kill.
- The player will score 3 points per kill.
- The player will also have a 15-second timer on them. If the timer reaches 0, then they will erupt.
- Erupting kills the player, which resets their streak and ends the Hunt.
- Getting a kill resets the Eruptions timer back to 15 seconds.
- The player is then marked for both teams, so everyone can see right where they are.
- The other team gets 3 points for killing the player.
- More than one player can be Primed at a time.