The Apex Legends Global Series Championship is back for its third year, with ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 scheduled to commence in the month of February.
ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Format and Schedule
The playoffs will be split into three stages – Group Stage, Bracket Stage, and Finals. The Split 1 Playoffs will take place in London at the Copper Box Arena. The location for the Grand Championship, however, is yet to be decided. This articles includes the complete format for each of the three stages, with the full list of qualified teams and schedule.
ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Group Stages
- 40 teams will be split into 4 groups of 10 teams each. Each group will play against each other in a 6 game series for a total of 18 games for every team in the Group Stage.
- After finishing the group stage, all 40 teams will then proceed the Bracket Stage as follows:20 teams with the highest Group Stage Score will start in the winners bracket
- 20 teams with the lowest Group Stage Score will start in the losers bracket round 1
- The Group Stage will commence from February 2 to February 3.
AlGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Bracket Stages
There will be one 6 game series in the winners bracket and two 6 game series in the loser bracket.
The teams will advance to the Finals as follows:
- Winners bracket: The top 10 teams will advance to the Finals. The remaining teams from this round will fall to the losers bracket round 2.
- Losers bracket round 1: The top 10 teams will advance to the losers bracket round 2. The remaining teams from this round are eliminated from the playoffs.
- Losers bracket round 2: The top 10 teams will advance to the Finals. The remaining teams from this round are eliminated from the playoffs.
ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Finals
The 10 teams advancing from the winners bracket will be seeded by their placement from the the winners bracket and will start the Finals with Advance Starting Points. The remaining 20 teams will compete using the Match Point format.
- There is no match limit in the Finals
- Once a Team reaches the minimum total points of 50 in the Finals, The next match becomes “Match Point Eligible” for that team.
- The first team to win a match after they are “Match Point Eligible” is declared the winner.
- After the winner is declared, 2nd-20th are ranked by total Finals points.
- There is no limit to number of teams who can be “Match Point Eligible”.
- The finals will be held on Sunday, February 5.
Group Stage Thu, Feb 2 – A vs. B / C vs. D to be held at 9:00 AM PT
Group Stage Fri, Feb 3 – A vs. C / B vs. D to be held at 2:00 AM PT
Group Stage Fri, Feb 3 – A vs. D / B vs. C to be held at 7:15 AM PT
Bracket Stage Sat, Feb 4 – Losers Bracket Round 1 to be held at 2:00 AM PT
Bracket Stage Sat, Feb 4 – Winners Bracket to be held at 6.30 AM PY
Bracket Stage Sat, Feb 4 – Losers – Round 2 to be held at 10:45 AM PT
Finals Sun, Feb 5 – Match Point Finals to be held at 4:00 AM PT
ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Prize Pool
A massive prize pool of 1,000,000 USD will be divided amongst 40 competing teams. Winning teams will receive their own share of prize pool money alongside Playoff Points that’ll help them compete in the grand Year 3 Finale of ALGS Grand Championship.
- 1st – $300,000
- 2nd $160,000
- 3rd $105,000
- 4th $85,000
- 5th $65,000
- 6th $50,000
- 7th $40,000
- 8th $30,000
- 9th $25,000
- 10th $20,000
- 11th $16,000
- 12th $15,000
- 13th $14,000
- 14th $13,000
- 15th $12,000
- 16th $11,000
- 17th $10,500
- 18th $10,000
- 19th $9,500
- 20th $9,000
ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023 – Complete List of Teams
ENTER FORCE 36
How To Watch ALGS Split 1 Playoffs 2023
The four-day playoff event will be live streamed to the official ALGS Twitch and YouTube channels. Apex fans can also tune in to the B-stream hosted by streamers NiceWigg & Greek. There will also be multiple streams in different languages, and players have to stay tuned to @PlayApexEsports for more information regarding the same. The regional languages include Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai and more.
ALGS Grand Championship – Dates and General Format
The winning teams will then proceed to compete for the ALGS Grand Championship slated to held later during the year. Although Respawn hasn’t specified a fixed date or a schedule yet, it is confirmed that the championship will take place in the Summer of 2023, featuring the 40 best Apex Legends teams in the world. The prize pool for the offline tournament will be $2,000,000 USD along the champion’s trophy for the crowned ALGS Year 3 Champions. There is still no official word from EA or Respawn regarding the location yet, but we expect more information to be released soon.
- The Championship will utilize a Group Stage to Double-Elimination bracket format:
- In the Group Stage, teams will be seeded into 4 groups of 10 teams each based on their Playoff Points or LCQ performance, and each group will play a single 6-match series against every other group (18 matches total per team).
- Following the Group Stage, teams will be assigned a starting position in the double-elimination Bracket Stage based on their Group Stage performance, and each round in the Bracket Stage will consist of an 8-match series.
- The top 20 Group Stage teams will begin in the Winners Bracket
- The bottom 20 Group Stage teams will begin in the Losers Bracket
- After the Bracket Stage, 20 teams will compete in the Match Point Finals to determine the ALGS Year 3 Champions.
- The top 10 teams from the Winners Bracket series
- The top 10 teams from Losers Bracket Round 2
For more Apex Legends news and updates, follow us here on ESTNN.